Tuesday, October 15, 2013
How Jade Got Her Name
Jadie My Lady: During the few years that we were deliberating on whether to have another baby, I very randomly thought that if we were to have another baby, and if that baby was a girl, we should name her Jade. You know, Jade the stone, Jasper the stone...I made the fateful decision to actually share this with Tim who immediately became married to the name. Married for eternity - no room for a divorce or a separation or a hiatus - Jade was it. As mentioned, we didn't find out if the baby was a boy or girl so we spent the entire pregnancy focused on boy names, convinced it was a boy. I think our top contenders were Jules, Ravi, or Soren. I spent a smidge of time thinking about girl names. And so when baby girl was born, Tim knew what her name was going to be and I had to take a few seconds to come to terms with it. Because, they really do give you just a few seconds. By 8am, the hospital staff person came around and demanded a name - we asked for some more time, she gave us 2 hours. Ah, the pressure. I really wanted a more Indian sounding name but fate was sealed that day years before when I mentioned the name Jade to Tim. And so, we had a compromise and our cutie became Jade Meera Burroughs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment